Contribute to open source projects during this month, and collect some free swag from Digital Ocean!
More information regarding Hacktoberfest itself can be found here
If the project you’re contributing to is associated with us, we’ll hook you up with a free MUNCSS sticker as well!
Once you’ve made your contribution, reach out to one of our executives, and we will make note of that contribution.
If you are:
- Struggling with ideas for contributions
- Having trouble putting your contribution together
- Fighting with git / GitHub trying to put your contribution up
Feel free to reach out in
#development within our Discord, there is plenty of people available to help you out
If you have an idea for a project that isn’t related to one of our existing ones, but would make sense to be associated with the society / live on our GitHub org., we’re open for that as well!
Note that for picking up the sticker, we will be making them available to pickup at MUN; if you are not currently in the province we unfortunately cannot get the sticker to you.
- Discord bot handling the management of our server.
- Written using discord.py
- Both management commands, but also some fun ones too!
- ‘Weather Feature’ from HaMoOoOd25, https://github.com/MUNComputerScienceSociety/Automata/pull/76
- ‘Async all the things’ from nint8835, https://github.com/MUNComputerScienceSociety/Automata/pull/77
- ‘Custom help command’ from dchicasduena, https://github.com/MUNComputerScienceSociety/Automata/pull/82
- ‘Today mun hacktober’ from zcvaters, https://github.com/MUNComputerScienceSociety/Automata/pull/81
- ‘Announcements’ from HaMoOoOd25, https://github.com/MUNComputerScienceSociety/Automata/pull/80
- ‘Cards’ from jackharrhy, https://github.com/MUNComputerScienceSociety/Automata/pull/84
- ‘Hey Guys’ from PunkBat, https://github.com/MUNComputerScienceSociety/Automata/pull/88
- ‘Fortune Cookie’ from singhripudaman, https://github.com/MUNComputerScienceSociety/Automata/pull/93
- ‘Cowsay’ from jackharrhy, https://github.com/MUNComputerScienceSociety/Automata/pull/95
- ‘DuckDuckGo Instant Answer’ from SteveParson, https://github.com/MUNComputerScienceSociety/Automata/pull/94
- Using the Astro framework
- Contains information about the society, its executives, and other external resources
None so far
- Executive documents for the society
- GitHub actions to build all documents as PDF, and host them on www.cs.mun.ca
None so far
- a discord bot
- its written in php
- ‘phap 2021 rewrite’ from jackharrhy, https://github.com/jackharrhy/PhapBot/pull/1